Immediate Dentures in Lithia Springs, GA
Value Smiles offers affordable immediate dentures in Lithia Springs, GA. We guess you are here because you may want to know more details about this type of dentures. We strongly advise you to read the page completely so that you get to know about the procedure well. Alternatively, you always have the option to get in touch with our qualified and highly experienced dental experts to learn more about immediate dentures.
What is an Immediate Denture?
An immediate denture looks and works just like a regular denture, but the only difference is that a patient does not need to wait longer to receive the dentures.
Let us explain about the immediate dentures more clearly with an example. Imagine a patient whose upper teeth needs to be extracted completely. If the patient is willing to use conventional dentures, our dentist first needs to extract all the upper teeth, wait for the gums to heal, take an impression of the mouth, and get the dentures fabricated in a lab. The procedure may take weeks to complete. The patient needs to live without teeth until he or she receives the dentures.
What is the procedure for Immediate Dentures?
If the patient is willing to use immediate dentures, the dentist takes the impression of the mouth even before the teeth are extracted. The dentist carries out the tooth extraction procedure only after the dentures are fabricated. The dentist inserts the fabricated dentures immediately after the tooth extraction. So no time our patient goes without the teeth.
What are the Advantages of Immediate Dentures?
- A patient can get dentures immediately, on the same day, so he or she doesn’t need to spend time without teeth
- Since the teeth are still present while an impression of the mouth is taken, the chances are good that the immediate dentures look very close to the patient’s natural teeth.
- An immediate denture also works as an aid to reduce gum swelling after tooth extraction.
- An immediate denture helps patients get used to speaking with a denture quickly.
- It helps patients live a quality life instantly, even after a complete tooth loss, allowing them to chew food comfortably and smile confidently.
What are the Disadvantages of Immediate Dentures?
- There is some discomfort as denture is placed on the extraction wounds.
- It is virtually impossible to test them in real time for their accuracy, as a patient’s teeth are still intact while the dentures are fabricated
- Immediate dentures are not as perfect as conventional dentures when it comes to fitting as they are done before the teeth are extracted.
- A new permanent denture needs to be fabricated at the later time.
What is the Cost of an Immediate Denture?
At Value Smiles, we offer Quality affordable immediate dentures.
IMMEDIATE DENTURE SPECIAL PRICE:
$119 – $169
NOTE: WE NEVER CHARGE LAB FEE OR EXTRA FEES
POST OP INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMMEDIATE DENTURES
- Do not take the dentures out until next day. Sleep with the dentures. This helps in healing as the denture acts as a bandage and also reduces swelling.
- The next day you can take it out and rinse with water or visit the Value Smiles dentist for a post op visit.
- NEVER use Toothpaste or soap to clean the dentures.
- ALWAYS use Denture Cleaning tablets in water.
- After 1 day, use warm salt water to rinse the mouth. Also the dentists at Value Smiles recommend Chlorhexidine rinse.
- You can contact the dentists at Value Smiles any time by calling 770-489-9141.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IMMEDIATE DENTURES
What is the difference between Immediate Denture and a Regular Denture?
A regular denture is usually done in 4 steps and an immediate denture is done in 2 steps.
There is no way to show you the teeth before we finish the immediate denture as we do it in regular denture.
Immediate denture is a short term, temporary denture and a regular denture is permanent and long term denture.
Does Eating and Speaking difficult with Immediate Dentures?
We recommend a soft diet first and slowly move to harder and sticky foods. As with anything new, you need adjustment, so we encourage you to practice speaking and eating with dentures.
When should I come back for Post Op appointment?
The dentists at Value Smiles needs to see you the next day after extractions and delivery of the immediate dentures.
What if the dentures become loose?
Immediate dentures will become loose immediately after delivery or in the following weeks because once the teeth are pulled, the gums shrink and the denture stay at the same place. To help with this situation we advise Reline.
What is Soft Reline?
A soft reline is a tissue conditioner which is soft and covers the space between the denture and the shrunk gums. This is a temporary solution to help with fit and comfort. You might need multiple soft relines due to continuous changes after extractions.
When should I get the permanent Denture?
A permanent denture should be made after 3-6 months depending on the healing of the gums and bone. A permanent denture will fit much better than an immediate denture. Understand that the purpose of immediate denture is just for the transition time from getting tooth pulled to getting the permanent denture.
Can I use denture adhesive if the denture is loose?
Yes, you can use the denture adhesive but please follow the instructions of our dentists to safe and effective use.
We hope we answered most of your questions. Do you want to know more about the immediate dentures? Call our office now at 770-489-9141 to talk to our dental experts. Please visit us at WWW.MYVALUESMILES.COM for any further information. We have same day appointments in most situations. We accept most major dental insurances. We are conveniently located at 2635 Lee Road, Suite C4, Lithia Springs, GA-30122. We are in the Publix plaza at the intersection of Fairburn Road and Lee Road. Value Smiles provide Affordable Dental Care with Excellent Customer Service to patients in Lithia Springs, Douglasville, Austell, Mableton, Powder Springs and surrounding areas.