Dental Health is Important if you want to have General Health. Research since years have shown the relation between inflammation and bacteria in the mouth and various systemic diseases.
Studies have shown the link between oral bacteria and plaque in the arteries of heart. Studies of Alzheimer’s patient’s brain showed the same.
The systemic diseases linked to oral health are
The dentists in our Lithia Springs Dental Office strive to explain and make patients understand the oral-body connection. The theory is that the periodontal inflammation can cause elevation of inflammation through out the body.
So the dentists at Value Smiles advise the following 5 steps for reducing the oral bacteria and inflammation.
- Brushing and Flossing Daily: For effective cleaning of your teeth, you must brush two minutes and two times a day. We recommend Flossing at least once a day and night time Flossing is important. There are better appliances for Flossing then regular string floss like waterpik water flosser and air flosser by Phillips. Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from between the teeth. Remember that Brushing will not replace Flossing.
- Nutrition: The best environment in our mouth is neutral or alkaline. It is never good to have acidic environment in the mouth as that will be good for bacterial growth. So avoid acidic food or drinks like sports drinks and carbonated drinks. Eat more of alkaline food like green leafy vegetables, broccoli and Avocado. Remember to drink lot of water to dilute the acidic food you eat.
- Saliva Flow: Saliva is important to taste, chew and swallow food we eat. Saliva also helps in cleaning the teeth by rinsing away food particles and helps in prevention of bad breath. Dry mouth is a condition where our mouth produce less saliva due to certain medical conditions and medications.
- Invest in your Mouth: Our Lithia Springs dentists recommend using electric tooth brushes and water Flossers to brush and floss effectively. It is being proven that electric tooth brush and water Flossers are much more effective and efficient than a manual brush and thread floss.
- Visit a Dentist: Our dentists at Value Smiles recommend twice a year exam and teeth cleaning. Some patients need 3-4 teeth cleanings depending on the gum condition. Value Smiles is a premium dental care office in Lithia Springs for professional dental cleaning.
Please contact us at 770-489-9141 or visit us at WWW.MYVALUESMILES.COM for any further information. We have same day appointments in most situations. We accept most major dental insurances. We are conveniently located at 2635 Lee Road, Suite C4, Lithia Springs, GA-30122. We are in the Publix plaza at the intersection of Fairburn Road and Lee Road. Value Smiles provide Affordable Dental Care with Excellent Customer Service to patients in Lithia Springs, Douglasville, Austell, Mableton, Powder Springs and surrounding areas.