Dental Fillings/Tooth Colored Fillings in Lithia Springs
Value Smiles offers white dental fillings or tooth-colored composite fillings at a discounted price. In America, decay is the #1 chronic disease in children and adults. Over the years, tooth fillings have been the prime method of restoration for decays and cavities. These measures are taken to preserve the teeth to extend the longevity. Our dentists at Value Smiles are trained to restore your cavities to establish a beautiful functioning dentition.
Why do I need fillings?
The main reason for needing teeth fillings pertains to the presence of some form of decay or infection within the tooth. The filling material acts as a replacement of tooth structure that has been compromised. If left untreated, the decay causing bacteria begins to degrade the enamel and dentin of the tooth, then infiltrating the viable pulp tissue area within the root canals. Having fillings will reduce the chances of developing more complicated procedures such as root canal therapy. Teeth fillings are also done for broken teeth or fractured teeth.
What type of materials are used in fillings?
Over time, with new research and technology, new dental materials have been developed to strength the tooth and create a better biocompatible environment with the surrounding tissue. Two common materials available are amalgam and composite. Both materials lead to the same end result, a decay free and healthy tooth.
Amalgam is a material mixed with different metals known as an alloy. There are several advantages and disadvantages.
Cheaper in cost than composite
More durable than composite
Easy placement can withhold heavy chewing forces great for posterior teeth
Contains small amounts of mercury,
larger amount of tooth structure removed so tooth becomes weaker
Not esthetic edges can chip off if not placed properly leading to leaky areas can expand and contract leading to separation from tooth
Has short-term sensitivity to hot and cold
Composite is a tooth colored material made of resin glass polymers that can self-set or needs UV light to set.
Esthetic strongly bonded to tooth structure less tooth structure removed
Undetectable as they blend in with the surrounding tooth structure
Techniques sensitive (needs a dry environment in order to place) they can wear over time
• Additional materials: ionomer fillings, inlay/onlay, and gold At Value Smiles we only do composite or white tooth fillings. We have great offers for teeth fillings.
What are the procedures in a tooth filling?
Usually the procedure is done in one appointment.
• Using x-rays and instruments, the dentist will determine the location and extent of the decay.
• Anesthesia will be given to numb tooth area being treated
• A rubber dam might be placed for isolation. (When placing amalgam, a separation between the oral cavity and the amalgam will prevent extra material falling into the mouth. Composite will need to have an absolute dry environment.)
• With rotary instruments, the dentist will access and remove the soft decayed tooth structures.
• In the case of composite fillings, the sound tooth structures will be treated with acid to allow for bonding material to attach strongly.
• Once etched, bonding material will be placed followed by the composite material in layers and light cured.
• In the case of amalgam, it is compacted in the cavity that the dentist will create that is designed to withhold the material.
• Both the amalgam and composite are polished and shaped to better suit the occlusion.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FILLINGS
What do tooth fillings cost?
Value Smiles offers special prices for white fillings. We are a mercury free clinic, we don’t use amalgam fillings at all. The cost of a white dental filling with our discount plan is around $119 and up depending on how big the filling is!
How much does tooth filling cost with dental Insurance?
Value Smiles is in-network with most insurances so you will get the best possible price for the tooth filling. Our insurance specialist will let you know your dental benefits.
How much does tooth filling cost without dental insurance?
Value Smiles offers membership plan where the tooth filling cost is reduced by 30-40% on regular price.
What can I expect after the placement of fillings?
• It is normal to feel some sensitivity. It should last only for the first couple days. If it continues, then we can recommend Sensodyne.
• Anesthesia will take some time to wear off. Be careful when chewing to prevent injury to your cheeks.
• Avoid eating on the side of treatment for the first day until the anesthesia wears.
• In some cases, you may feel that your bite is too high. If you feel this, please come see our office so we can reshape the filling to better suit you.
• Your gums may feel sore due to the procedure. This will resolve on its own within a week. If any sores linger for more than a week, please see our office.
• In terms of amalgam, avoid eating hard or sticky substances on that side, for the first day. For composite, it is allowed to eat immediately following the procedure.
How long does the tooth filling last?
Generally, fillings last 10-15 years. But good oral hygiene and regular visit to out Value smiles dentist will prolong the life of the fillings.
What are temporary fillings?
These fillings are designed to serve as a transition material before a more permanent indirect filling material is made.
What should I do if my old filling fell out?
Tooth fillings can fall out due to decay under the filling or broken bonding. This can be a dental emergency as it can be painful due to exposed tooth. It can be sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. Please see Value Smiles, an affordable dental care in Lithia Springs to help you with the filling.
Can I use a dental filling kit from Pharmacy to fill my tooth?
You can use the dental filling kit as a temporary remedy. Use only to relieve sensitivity or if the broken tooth is sharp.
Note: Do Not use if there is pain
Note: Do Not use if there is a swelling
Note: See your Lithia Springs affordable dentist, Value Smiles immediately.
Please visit our office to determine if you need fillings today!
Please contact us at 770-489-9141 or visit us at WWW.MYVALUESMILES.COM for any further information. We have same day appointments in most situations. We accept most major dental insurances. We are conveniently located at 2635 Lee Road, Suite C4, Lithia Springs, GA-30122. We are in the Publix plaza at the intersection of Fairburn Road and Lee Road. Value Smiles provide Affordable Dental Care with Excellent Customer Service to patients in Lithia Springs, Douglasville, Austell, Mableton, Powder Springs and surrounding areas.